lately ive just found myself thinking so much lately... like i dont know if its because i work witha ton of old ladies and their miserableness has rubbed off onto me? idk! but i feel as though i should share some of my random thoughts... so maybe they really aren't 'rants' but some of them might be... im sure ill upload this because im sure some of the points i make or observe others will agree too... especially while driving.
lets kick it off with this:
1. Im sick and tired of being nice to people. seriously, when i 'sell' a horse on DA and as for the amount of points i freakin' paid for it to receive it in the first place, i feel like its at least worth that much to sell if i cant afford to keep it active. especially if i havent put an ounce of work into it. but im always nice and let people do the 'half points half art' and no, just no. i got the point half for this horse, but i havent gotton the art half and its irritating me! if you cant afford the full point price then dont even ask me if you can go half. im just going to say no because im tired of people not going through with the whole deal.
2. dont beg me for breedings to my nordanners. because when i finally open them to the public, no one cares to even attempt to try for one. ive had two people interested in my STARTER mare whos art auction slot has been open for more then a month now. and i had more then half of you beg me to open her slot soon and to let you know when i was open. so i did. and its starting to come to a close now and ive gotton one entry so far, and one other person interested (thank you to those two people) not that i should be complaining more entires could come in close to the dead line, but still. ive noticed only popular artists get those massive rushes for breedings (im not insulting im just observing this as ive seen it all over, you guys are awesome artists so naturally you would have more watchers and what not. i totally agree with the physics to that (: ) and if the two people who entered/plan on entering Wendys art auction ill be sure to give the second place winner a breeding slot to Wendys first son Friday.
3. and really. ok im a design freak and ill pay points to get a horse design that i adore, and im guilty of buying a design and forgetting i bought it. but really do you need to spend over 1000 points on a single design if you never plan on drawing it when someone else could have had the design and maybe have done something with it instead of being outbid by someone who is fortunate enough to have the 1000 points to throw away like that? (i mean yeah the designer, they are partying hard cuz they got a massive point pay check no argument there they dont care as long as they get their points, why should they, i do the same thing lol.) but i refuse to really spend over 80 points on a single design. sometimes ill push it to 100 but ive only ever spent over 1000 on a nordanner. and i regret it. but hey... it happens. but yeay, i dont usually charge a lot for designs... the lowest is 10 and the most ive ever charged was 100. and ive only sold one for 100 points. idk maybe its just me... im one of the ones who actually works for points... i dont buy them with a credit card. so maybe i understand the value of them when you actually work for them (tho i know they really arent worth shit... but still its something you can purchase stuff with on DA)
4. why do customers have to be so rude? (i work in the bakery department at a grocery store so i deal with them all the time) BUT seriously you have to eat your doughnut as you walk around the store? you cant even have the curtsy to put it in the little brown bag and pay for it? BEFORE YOU EAT IT? because really thats considered stealing... how do we know you didnt down the damn pastry and just walk out the door without paying? i mean who would know? no one but your stomach thats who. people that do that are just rude to me. it irks me that those kinds of people actually do that. like ugh! i wasnt raised to be rude like that. sorry, just a personal opinion. like i understand if your child is screaming they want a cookie or something, and you take something out of the pastry case and give it to them, thats one thing, becuase usually this said child has frosting smeared from ear to ear so its obvious and usually those parents are honest up from at the registers. (i use to be a bagger so i know this as a fact too) but you always have those cheap skates that wont pay the 79 cents for their damn doughnut.
5. this isnt a rant, but if you dont know who 'The 1975' band is totally recommend checking them out, search their song 'Chocolate' its not bad. they got a pretty unique sound. some of their songs i believe are Micheal Jackson inspired. if ur a Jackson fan!
6. these three pieces:
are BY FAR my 3 most favorite pictures i have ever taken. and they are BY FAR the most ignored pieces of work i think i have in my gallery. not that i care, because i absolutely love them. and i could stare at them all day. Now i dont know if i just suck at art and photography or something or what, but i spend hours even days on editing these photos and drawing pictures that doesnt even get one view or comment- or like (depending on the website) the amount of time i put into a single image just for it to go unnoticed as much as i say it and as much as anyone else says it, it does kindda hurt when what you think is a really nice piece of work you did goes unnoticed... i mean the time i put specifically into these pictures is a ridiculous amount. the first two i cant even tell you how long i searched for a skull in the woods for one. (yes its the same skull in both images) so, lets see, i drove to the barn every day... so theres a massive chunk of time right there. walked around aimlessly in the woods for weeks (not at a time) found the skull, brought it home. cleaned it and disinfected it. set it up for still life photos, took over 400 pictures of the damn thing, went through every single one of them, and picked out the two that looked best to me. edited them for 3 to 4 hours playing with filters and effects and what ever else i was taught how to do in photoshop and i dont even get a thumbsup..... i mean, i cant be the only one in this boat right? really the thing that ticks me off the most is pictures of young girls that are posted all over facebook or instagram with their cleavage hanging out and their undergarments showing with a messy bun and duckface, and they say 'i love photography' like for one: do you even know what a duckface really is? its sucking dick. thats what it is you dumb bitches. For two: those photos get so much attention and they have a filter thrown over the top of them that isnt really even a 'filter'... like wtf? and three: thats not photography! thats 'SMILE! your on candid camera!"... i guess thats just the way society is these days theres nothing i can do... everyone has their own opinions. but still... dont call yourself a photographer when you only take whoreish pictures of yourself and slap a filter on them you got from an app. yeah those are cool and fun to use. but theres a fine line between 'candid' and 'photography' and im not complaining i dont get as many favs or likes or whatever it is on my pictures. i dont need likes to know that im halfway decent at doing what i love. but seriously girls. give it a break!
7. one thing that just drives me up the wall is when someone is eating and trying to tell a story. like not legit chewing with their mouth open, but like starts the story, pauses, then takes a bite of food, chews swallows, then starts the story again says like 4 words, and takes another bite of food n repeats the process all over again. i SERIOUSLY cant stand this. like just tell the damn story then eat your dinner! or vise versa! i cannot take the dragging out of the story. its enough to make me want to stab them with my fork.
8. alright. i know not everyone is the sharpest crayon in the box. but when im blowing up balloons at my job (florist) for a HUGE order (4 dozen latex balloons (48)) that a customer would be picking up at noon that day. and you can clearly see into the department that is FILLED TO THE TOP WITH LATEX BALLOONS and you walk up to me and ask me 'do you sell latex balloons here?' i may just smack you with one.-- but yes, i did have this happen to me. and i looked at this guy, turned around and said 'yep- im pretty sure we do' -- like for real? did he really just ask me that question. i swear everyone should work a week in retail just to see how dumb human kind can be... lol sometimes you just gotta shake your head and laugh.